November 3, 2015
Buy Now

What was your favourite NFS game?

RSX
Member2 posts
edited April 2016
What was your favourite NFS out of these games?
(I tried to include all titles but the poll only goes up to 10)

What was your favourite NFS game? 93 votes

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
4%
AndersonX90SneakyRedFallsDog21douglas2468 4 votes
Need for Speed High Stakes
3%
Ryu_MakkuroBlackCatExlegend 3 votes
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2
4%
RidleyX4SeanDragondance2xEvilBBQ 4 votes
Need for Speed Underground
7%
soerensF77JesusKunarjunLuka1998DjHyperwolf354Wizz_Art 7 votes
Need for Speed Underground 2
20%
Johnboi91RSXJoeApoConverseFoxBattle_Tapes_16BlazingSun07ali13971FulvioZ1821Skyline652Hunterw3232EscafloweHeatsome_CELL_guyprostarsthewizerdOnlinePolicePedro2333Skalmpilistomkat492 19 votes
Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005)
35%
Mikimuster3Logan629itsJylerTAGNosStedford993eeshanhamiltoncarbnfibrJonyTheo_cjthunderclutch818659odeepaanh2PlotTwistale85bgIts3DRayHowsMyDriving102DiggingPluto3RoadHAZorAssirjalalShimeringGalaxys 33 votes
Need for Speed Carbon
11%
VitakGryphus_1MarineseehundRyder755Agamakusharun789boldt2109WarjuningChiDi9901Vololoomanedwin07 11 votes
Need for Speed Pro Street
3%
Glaceon4everRYUM1N3HappyDays 3 votes
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (2010)
5%
KyleSeriouSamurai777fateSCPD_wreckedHernesto_Sanchez 5 votes
Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012)
4%
BShenV12roadabuserflashrocket9darklaser12 4 votes

Comments

• Need for Speed Most Wanted (2005)
    Took me ages to decide this one! I think Underground was easily the most iconic (changed everything for the franchise), Underground 2 built upon UG's initial format, Most Wanted was my favourite overall due to great police and a perfect balance between supercars and tuning, Carbon following close but I wasn't a huge fan of the street racing crews. Felt like I was playing Saints Row behind the wheel of a Clio V6...

Prostreet and NFS 2015 take the crown for customisation. The bodykits, graphics and fine tuning of Prostreet felt great (plus drag racing, giving me some really fun nfs moments) and NFS 2015 is an awesome reboot that deserves to be applauded for being very considerate of current tuning trends.
  • Jony
    65 posts Member
    My favourite NFS game is Most Wanted 2005.

It was an awesome game back in the day. (It's still awesome today!) I liked doing the race events, especially near the end of the game when the AIs go very hard on players. I liked racing against the Blacklist racers (even though I had to race them again as I had missed getting the Pink Slips to their cars). I also liked the story in Most Wanted 2005, especially the female characters Mia, Izzy, Jewels, Kaze, and Sgt. Cross' secondary. XD

What I absolutely liked about Most Wanted 2005 was the pursuits. It was so intense to do pursuits at Heat Level 5 and Heat Level 6 in the end as Cop Corvettes, SUV Rhinos, and Helicopters were all pursuing after me. Not to mention Sgt. Cross himself was pursuing me too! I would always try to take out Sgt. Cross as taking him out would reward me 100,000 Bounty or 300,000 Bounty if I had taken out two cop vehicles before taking him out.
  • Kyle
    1 posts Member
    Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (2010)
    Mine is Hot Pursuit 2010.  Loved the car selection and tracks.
  • itsJylerTAG
    16 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Most Wanted 2005 because the customization was plentiful, the music was awesome and the cops were actually a challenge and fun to go up against. Tbh if ghost games had taken MW2005 and then somehow put MP into it, i'd be tickled to death.
    "You miss all of the shots that you don't take."
  • Ryu_Makkuro
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Need for Speed High Stakes
    Favourite "Need For Sales" - Hot Pursuit 2010 - Most fun I ever had. The game is just pure epic enjoyability, without any other nonsense. You just race and that's that. If it weren't for the tracks being put on an open world type of map, I would even go as far as calling this game an actual Need For Speed title.

Favourite "Need For Speed" - High Stakes - performance upgrades were locked with visuals. Most will say it's a bad thing, I think it's a good thing. You don't put a bodykit on a car that has no power, same with spoiler etc. You had to buy the upgrades in an order which made sense and also made sure that there wouldn't be any "ricemobiles" going around. On top of that, the tracks were great and physics were highly enjoyable and challenging. I would say that it's the game that is closest to the true core of the "Need For Speed" franchise.
  • Nos
    4 posts Member
    Need for Spped 05, easily. The concept of the blacklist racers really made the game more fun. 
    44 posts Member
    + Need For Speed: World offline! EA can't stop the real players! :D
    Need For Speed Hungarian forums & wikia:  http://www.nfswhun.eu/ | http://wikia.nfswhun.eu/

• Manticore8
    54 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The poll is incomplete; the first three games are missing (TNFS, NFS2, NFS3HP), as well as Shift 1, Shift 2, Nitro, World, The Run and Rivals.

I actually have two favorite installments:

1. The Need for Speed Special Edition - for its realistic car handling, stunning track designs (especially the point to point ones) and excellent music. It was the first Need for Speed game I've ever played and it will always have a special place in my heart.

2. Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit. It may look like a stripped down version of High Stakes, but I still like it a bit more than HS; mostly because of its great rock music (I don't like the electronic soundtrack of High Stakes). The game has thrilling gameplay, mod support and a lot of race customization options (you can choose weather, day or night, number of laps and opponents) which the new installments lack.

I also like Rivals, while I can't call it my favorite game in the series, I still play it to this day. I see it as an improvement over Hot Pursuit 2010 - the events aren't scripted, the weather and time of day aren't tied to the races, you can play any race with any car you want.
  • soeren
    19 posts Member
    Need for Speed Underground
    the very 1st NFS + special edition which followed was great 640x480 SVGA, the only annoying thing was that 5cm outside of the road markings there was an invisible wall :)
    Underground 1 and 2, Carbon and Pro Street are all great, but Most Wanted (2005) is the best in my opinion. I liked Undercover too, even though it's probably the most hated NFS game.
  • ale85bg
    12 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I'd choose Most Wanted (the 2005 one) if I only had to pick one.
    Some beautiful locations, the great speed trap races, the idea of the blacklist itself... Because of all this it's still my favourite one.

And I agree, NFS Undercover is probably still the most hated one but it's the least polished one (at least for PC) in my opinion. I mean, it's a 2008 game yet traffic cars still pop up from absolutely nowhere halfway between you and the horizon? Seriously?
    Played Most wanted (2005) for many hours. Was in that time the only game I had.
    later I played Underground, Carbon, The Run, Hot Pursuit and Rivals.
    Rivals is now a problem because it seems I have a stalker! (don't know for sure if that is the right name because English is not my native language)
    Player follows even when I switch an other session. Keeps destroying my car even when he (or see) isn't near with a kind of ESV or something. If I start a race, he (or see) is there.
    So, Rivals is a very nice game but what is happening now makes it no fun anymore.
    Now I am trying to play Most Wanted 2012 and it looks great.
    Hopes it is as much fun as the 2005 version.
  • ale85bg
    12 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I've been left a little deluded by MW 2012 honestly.
    It completely lacks any kind of story behind it, it's not like MW 2005 where you are after a villain that stole your car and is getting fame, money and an unlimited amount of chicks thanks to it. The idea of defeating Razor, to have him pay for what he has done, is what makes you deeply want to progress in MW 2005.
    In comparison to MW 2005, I found MW 2012 (though being obviously way more advanced in terms of graphics, ambient and damage) pretty lifeless.
    Hope your mileage varies though, and you have fun with it. :)
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012)
    For those who hates Most Wanted 2012 - sorry about that, I personally think apart of story-less, it's still a decent one though.
    Probably one of the best open-world racing game out there, I never get bored of it. (One of the reasons might be is that I prefer exotics more than tuners)
    Oh, I'm expecting European exotic tuners like Novitec, Hamann, Brabus on Ghost's upcoming 2017 title.
    Its3DRay wrote: »
    Played Most wanted (2005) for many hours. Was in that time the only game I had.
    later I played Underground, Carbon, The Run, Hot Pursuit and Rivals.
    Rivals is now a problem because it seems I have a stalker! (don't know for sure if that is the right name because English is not my native language)
    Player follows even when I switch an other session. Keeps destroying my car even when he (or see) isn't near with a kind of ESV or something. If I start a race, he (or see) is there.
    So, Rivals is a very nice game but what is happening now makes it no fun anymore.
    Now I am trying to play Most Wanted 2012 and it looks great.
    Hopes it is as much fun as the 2005 version.

Likely trollers, you can't escape from any multiplayer games basically. Get a private session if you're looking for a race without disturbance.
  • Need for Speed Carbon
    I like NFS Most Wanted 2005, but voted for NFS Carbon because its still works online on PS3.
  • motorcity online was best racing game ever made by EA still to this date and do not expect any to ever out do it
  • prostars
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Need for Speed Underground 2
    Мое мнение серия NFS Underground особенно 2я часть были наилучшими во всех смыслах !!! Я думаю если взяться за Underground 3 с опытом всех серий это будет что то очень крутое и мощное !!!
  • Need for Speed Underground 2
    Well Underground 2 for sure for me , most wanted 2005 was a great game , hope if there is two option to choose.
    The only thing you need is need for speed!

• PlotTwist wrote: »
    Underground 1 and 2, Carbon and Pro Street are all great, but Most Wanted (2005) is the best in my opinion. I liked Undercover too, even though it's probably the most hated NFS game.

Undercover was my favorite I hated pro street. Carbon Underground the only one that was decent was The Run
  • Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (2010)
    Hot Pursuit 2010. I mean.. I play NFS since the first one. Bought every single one to date, but, HP 2010 gave so, sooooo much fun online. For me it was the best online racing experience based on fun. Great tracks and you just have to sit, choose a car class, car, mode and race! You´re out there having fun with lot´s of people. After that we got all NFS with the open world MP. You have a huge map with only 8 peoples. OMG, every single review i read since most wanted 2012, people complain about the way MP is, and still, EA keep repeting that. The ideia is good, but doesn't work as good as it sounds.
  • Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
    Really good game, mine is Shift 2. Love setting up the cars
    FallsDog21
  • Need for Speed Carbon
    Need For Speed World was my favorite one just because i had so much fun in it with friends. For me it was almost like Carbon and Most wanted together. Also it had fun events like snow with ramps in winter and special cars for different holidays. Team escape was fun because sometimes lagg or something caused cops to fly for miles when you hit them.
  • Need for Speed Underground
    Need for Speed Underground.
    Best city
    Best cars
    Best gameplay
    Hard and challenging events
    Best characters
    NFS Most Wanted 2005 always
    than Carbon
    ale85bg wrote: »
    I've been left a little deluded by MW 2012 honestly.
    It completely lacks any kind of story behind it, it's not like MW 2005 where you are after a villain that stole your car and is getting fame, money and an unlimited amount of chicks thanks to it. The idea of defeating Razor, to have him pay for what he has done, is what makes you deeply want to progress in MW 2005.
    In comparison to MW 2005, I found MW 2012 (though being obviously way more advanced in terms of graphics, ambient and damage) pretty lifeless.
    Hope your mileage varies though, and you have fun with it. :)

I guess it's because criterion mixed in their burnout paradise with it and ended up with something far from what NFS Most Wanted 2 should have been.
    Don't Forget Undercover! (I have the Wii version)
    Is any of these games playable in newer consoles like PS4 or XB1?
  • NFS Porsche unleashed / Porsche 2000.
    Why? Cause it had damage - smash into someone or something, repair it, pay for it, notfree gifts and no damage in general. tune up was detailed and cars was just from the start of porsche till end at that point. detailed and great graphics also. handling was awesome, cause some cars were insane to handle, some were just smooooth. and this game isnt in poll..... pfff... slacker author....
    only ad was there was no cops in this game. they can be seen twice or once per career. it remains best of best nfs cause all of damage, tune up and differences between same branch cars. all later games are just arcade. rush into wall/side of track while having 300 km/h on speedo... nothing happens, run further, more or less... da fuhhh.... devs slacked but well, cheer to nfs porsche 2000 devs, they r still best in idea, deving it and result!